Thursday, November 15, 2007

If You Prick Him, Does He Not Bleed?

Rabbi Yosef Shalom Eliashiv, Israeli leader of the powerful Lithuanian religious movement, served as godfather at a Jerusalem circumcision Wednesday but suffered a deep cut to his hand, when the mohel slipped.

Scarlet
: What, pray tell, sir, is a circumcision?
Rabbi Tuckman : It's the latest craze. The ladies love it! I take my machine here, I take your little thing, I put it through this hole, and then... I nip the tip! Whose first?

I guess Eliashiv lined up at the head of the "godfather" line, and seems to be recovering from the (finger) tip nipping:

The 97-year-old sage received stitches and was declared well. The baby was unharmed. News of the accident had stirred anxiety throughout the fervently Orthodox community at Elisahiv's fate.
So, to review - an Italian Godfathers gets wished that his first child be a masculine child. A Jewish Godfather gets his hand sliced open with a penis knife.

[JTA]

No comments: