Thursday, November 8, 2007

Paul Newman Now Old Man (Yeah, we went there)

Academy Award winning actor Paul Newman retired back in May of this year. I had assumed he had stepped back on acting to focus on salad dressing and marinades, but apparently some people had other suspicions. Well, Robert Redford is here to say "hogwash." Or declare this "fallacious." Or to call shenanigans. Well, he's here to say whatever it is Robert Redford says in this situation:

Redford tells U.S. chat show host Larry King, "Somebody said recently he retired because his health was going bad and this is nonsense. The guy beats me in badminton. He's hardly (ill) - he's doing fine."
You hear that America? Paul Newman beats Robert Redford in Badminton. Badminton! Nobody takes down the Redford. And Paul Newman just did.

Although, to be honest, Paul Newman taking down the Redford seems highly unlikely. It kind of makes me wonder if he consumed some sort of substance in preparation for the match. I have my suspicions...

Man, I hope Robert Redford's leg is okay...

[Female First]
[youtube]

1 comment:

Binny said...

His leg is fine. They're just faking it so they can get Urlacher to panic and leave and this way they can make off with 500,000 bucks.

I think they've tried it before, too.