Monday, November 12, 2007

Kanye West's Mom Is Not Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Dr. Donda West, Kanye's mom, died from surgery complications from a "cosmetic procedure." If that is the full story then this sounds curiously like an episode on Nip/Tuck. Kanye's mom was a professor, published a book, and served as Kanye's manager as well.

Donda West was a major influence on her son's life, as the music producer-singer-songwriter has often acknowledged. She was the inspiration for the song, "Hey Mama," on Kanye West's 2005 album "Late Registration." Among the lyrics: "Hey Mama, I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you ... I appreciate what you allowed for me. I just want you to be proud of me."
Kanye is set to eulogize her, featuring Common, Ludacris, John Legend, and Jamie Foxx. Timbaland is rumored to be lending the beats.

[CNN]

No comments: