Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Roger Ebert 2: Return to the Silent Battle


To review: Roger Ebert had surgery earlier this year. His hope was always to return to the movies. Now he's letting his readers know when to expect him back in the grandstand.

I am at last returning to the movie beat. After my current stay at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, I’m looking forward to opening night of my annual film festival at the University of Illinois on April 23, and I will resume writing movie reviews shortly thereafter.

Are you as bored with my health as I am? I underwent a third surgery in January, this one in Houston, and once again there were complications. I am sorry to say that my ability to speak was not restored. That would require another surgery.
So we'll see a return to the era of silent film reviews.

[Chicago Sun-Times]

No comments: