Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Newman's Own Body Feels The Sting of Surgery

Only one website seems to be reporting it, and their source is "National Enquirer," but if you believe "Men in Black," tabloids are the best investigative reporting on the planet. But go ahead, read the New York Times if you want to.

According to Showbiz Spy,Paul Newman has undergone a secret surgical procedure to combat a life threatening cancer diagnosis. Says one "insider close to the star":

“He initially was having trouble breathing and a hard time walking... He’s bounced back now but he’s not a well man and people in his company are trying to keep this very quiet.”
Newman himself has a slightly different version of his health situation:
"As you can see, I’m doing okay. I feel pretty good for an old salt. Of course I have days when I feel more aches and pains than others but overall I’m hanging in there.“It’s all this good hometown food I eat that keeps me going."
You have to be wary with Newman. He has hustled before. But even he admits that compared to young salt, he is not doing well.

I guess, salt could have done worse... much much worse.

[Showbiz Spy]

No comments: